Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khell
    • Aug 2002

Problem with getting CDVDInfo to run...

Ok, here's my problem, and it's not a problem of how to do something but rather of how to get something I need:

I'm just trying to get my DVD-ROM-drive region-free by following the instructions on the Region-Free-Guide.
    I guess I got everything I need for it, I even managed to find the right firmware for my drive. There's only one thing missing. There's that neat program, CDVDInfo, that tells you whether your drive's region-locked or not. Well, I can't get it to run. In the readme-text it says that if you got Windows 9x (I got Windows 98) you're supposed to go to ftp://ftp.adaptec.digisle.net/softwa...spi/aspi32.exe and get that aspi32.exe so it'll run on your computer.

And that's the problem: I can't access the site. Either it doesn't exist anymore or else my browser's got a big problem...

So, is there any other site where I can get that file to make CDVDInfo run? If not, is there any other program like CDVDInfo I can use to find out whether my drive's region-locked?

And while we're at it: my drive's a Ricoh MP9120 - as there are several firmwares for that drive, how do I find out which one's the right one? Or can I use all of them without damaging my drive?

Whew, that one got quite long...

Ok, see you!
    Hope someone here can help me because I'm really getting fed up with not being able to watch my DVDs because they got the "wrong" region code...

Birgit
Working...