X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon W.
    • Jan 2002

WinOnCD Problems - Can Anyone Help?

Hello there everyone,

I'm having problems with Roxio WinOnCD 3.8 CD-writing software. I know it's not really the right subject, but I hope someone here can help - I've tried everything!

Here's the story so far:

I had WinOnCD 3.8 and Direct CD on my machine for several months, and it worked ok. Then I went to use the programme this morning and it wouldn't open. First, I tried the 'repair' option in the CD's setup, but it made no difference - so I thought I'd uninstall and reinstall the whole programme (including Direct CD).

Having uninstalled and cleaned everything up, the re-installation process seemed ok, except there was no box to write the serial number in. When installation was complete, I was prompted to restart machine. As Windows restarted, a DOS window popped up saying this:

C:\>RD C:\Program Files\Roxio\WinOnCD
    Too many parameters - Files\ROxio\WinOnCD

C:\>DELC\Windows\Temp\Remove.bat
    Bad command or file name

C:\>

On closing this Dos window, Windows 98 finished loading as normal. If I then double-clicked the WinOnCD shortcut in order to run the programme, either all of the desktop icons disappeared - or another message popped up saying this:

"License information not found - please reinstall application using setup"

Remembering that there had been no serial number box on the previous installation attempt, I inserted the CD again and ran it manually. Setup started and I chose the 'Repair' option rather than 'Modify' or 'Remove' options. This time a serial number box was shown. I wrote the number in the box, then ran to the end of the setup process. When it finished, I restarted the machine and tried launching WinOnCd again - this time I got a message saying "Invalid Page Error" (the exact wording might have been slightly different) and the programme still wouldn't run.

Now I'm stuck without any CD writing software and my Plextor 16/10/40A is useless. So I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Simon.

PS. I'm running Windows 98SE on a 1.2Ghz Ahtlon, with 512Mb RAM. The motherboard is an Epox 8KTA3+, CD is a Pioneer DVD-115, and the hard drives are 2 x 46Gb IBM Deskstars (7200 rpm).
Working...