Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OU812
    • Jan 2002

Error with PowerDVD (and Smartripper)

I have recently upgraded my system from an ASUS A7V to an A7V133 and added a faster processor, but after installing Windows2000 (fresh) and all the flotsam-and-jetsam (PowerDVD, Smartripper, DVDDecrypter etc..) I find that I cannot play many DVD's in PowerDVD 2.51, and cannot rip with Smartripper 2.14 anymore, all of which had worked flawlessly before.
    (it's an ASUS E608 [RPC-1] DVD drive)

The AmericanPie-1 DVD is the first I've tried to play/rip since upgrading before Christmas (please don't ask why) and I've even tried some that I had previously played/ripped without trouble, but now encountering these problems.

Whenever I try to fire up PowerDVD it complains "cannot get copy protection key" and gives an error code (which I forgot to bring with me, sorry) if I keep clicking Play/Stop/FF, eventually it manages to get to that nasty FBI warning screen but advances no further.

When Smartripper tries to do it's thing, it eventually either gives an error about "cant read xxxx blocks" or worse, when it "thinks" it's ripping it's not, for example I tried to rip a chapter from the AmericanPie-1 DVD and after like 4.5hrs, it reported it was finished, but checking th output VOB, found it to be 28kb and unreadable.

Any ideas? again the DVD drive, PowerDVD, Smartripper all worked fine before the upgrade.
Working...