Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idimmu
    • Dec 2004

Region 1 locked DVD-Rom drive will not play Region 1 DVD's

My drive, at current, will only play bootleg "Hong Kong" dvd's, and dvd's that are burnt. The one I tested that with was a dvd+r, but I do have a +/- drive. The bootleg dvd's are marked as all region, but my other commercial release all region dvd's will not play. Neither will my multi-region dvd's. When I go to play dvd's using WMP, I get the error

"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection."

In Intervideo WinDVD, the dvd starts to play, but it stay on one image, with choppy sound.

I was using DVD Region-Free+CSS Free, and I was able to play all my dvd's that way. I was getting volume fluctuations for the sound, however. My trial has run out though, and I wasn't satisfied with the sound quality enough to purchase the license, (besides the fact of being broke. ^^)

I was fully prepared to sit and flash the firmware on my drive tonight, but as it turns out, there is no patched firmware for it yet. I have a Pioneer DVR-K12D, on a Sony Vaio laptop, PCG-K15. Firmware version 1.10, if you really wanted to know. Anyone have any guesses as to what the problem is?
Working...