Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XirtamKnight
    • Jan 2005

dvd drive wont play dvds...

Hey whats up everyone, i come to you with a very common problem ive seen, and that i havent been able to solve in , literally, (4)years.
    Hopefully someone reading this will guide me to something that fixes the problem...but enough of this boring introduction.here is the deal.
    I have a Sony VAIO PCV-R553DS with a DVD drive(Pioneer 115R) that doesnt play DVDs...yeah not at all; doesnt even READ the dvds(G:\ is not accessible.The device is not ready.).Something interesting though is that it reads cds, cd-r, cd-rw, and even the bonus dvds that comes with the actual dvd movie. I have tried different dvd "players" like PowerDVD, WinDVD, Intervideo, etc etc....i have at some point upgraded firmware and stuff like that but it doesnt work...i dont have any more ideas to throw at this dvd player...any suggestions? please contact me through my email or my yahoo messenger (xirtamknight) with any ideas or solutions to my sad problem(i cant play movies!!! its a major bummer!)

ah..and one more thing..i even recovered my pc completely and reformatted to "stock" putting back everything how it was, and everything worked perfect EXCEPT dvd playback.
  • rblanda
    • Feb 2005

Same Problem: Driving me nutz

My oh my. It's been going on for about 3 years now. Same issue. I can read CDs, data, audio, but not commercial DVDs you buy. I have set the region code to 1 (US), re-flashed the drive to the latest bios, etc. DONE EVERYTHING.

I even tried another drive. Same thing. It can't be hardware related - its got to be a stupid setting somewhere.

has anyone resolved this issue? Im losing hair by the minute.

One weird thing - i popped in a DVD Video that I burned in premeire and it worked, leading me to believe that it has something to do with region/copyright issues. Basically? I can't play any dvd that I didn't burn previously.

Im going to finish a whole bottle of scotch - drink myself into a sorrowful sleep. Maybe someone will come to me in a dream and tell me what to do

rblanda
    studio@eblanda.com

Comment

Working...