Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midget
    • Mar 2002

Help- DVD + R + RW drive

I have recently purchased a/the new HP Pavilion 780n, which has the new DVD r+rw drive. HP cannot or will not provide support regarding this issue.
    However as I understand it there is a piece of software that can be obtained via the Internet, compatible with Windows-XP that would enable one to recreate/duplicate commercial dvd's for personal use.

Might someone be able to direct me as to where such an animal/URL, site can be found if such software does exist?

I have also acquired the Clad DVD XP 1.3. Unless "which is probably the case" I am missing something, all the program does is re-writes the dvd to C:\ dvd_dvd video. Which includes a number of files, files created to include PUF, IFO and of course the VOB files. None are executable. At this point what do you do with these files to make the copied dvd on the hard drive playable? And can it be written to a blank dvd to be played/viewed?

Is it necessary to have all the files in order for the movie to play? I have found that if I isolate the VOB files that they will play independently but not continuously as one, what is the best way of stringing/bring these files together so they will play the entire movie as one? Opposed to playing each VOB file one at a time?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Sincerely:

David
    dsand77375@aol.com
Working...