Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onamae1
    • Jun 2002

windvd plays large than powerdvd

i have both windvd 4 and powerdvd 4 and i was debating which one to use for my main player... while doing this i noticed a few things, first of all the sound in powerdvd is way weaker than in windvd. Simply put windvd is alot better sound wise. And also the picture in windvd seems to be a bit more vibrant and cleaner. I can tell cause i have a 19" sont flat crt. Any ways the main thing i noticed is that windvd plays back with a slightly large picture width wise ie top to bottom, about a 1/2 an inch larger on my monitor, while it is the same length as powerdvd from left to right... wtf. Wait it gets stranger, so i thouht wind dvd most be cutting some of the sides of to accomplish this but i checked and it is not cutting off any thing it shows the same thing on the sides as powedvd, and both players extend to the same point on the side of my monitor. And yet neither the pictures in win or powerdvd seem to be squished or streched. Something has got to be up but i cant really say what!? one of these players is altering the original aspect ratio but its so damn subtle i dont know which is the true ratio. Now for the question... does anybody out there know? Please if u know or have a theory let me know - thanks
Working...