Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dezine
    • Jun 2002

DVD PLayback problem

I have a question. Recently I did a video for my sisters wedding that I burned to a DVD. The MPEG2 quality wasn't very good with Ulead Video Studio, so after the weddng I decided to burn a better quality DVD for her so I rendered it out as an AVI file and converted it using TMPEGEnc. My settings were using the standard DVD template 8000kbps at 48khz for the audio.
    The MPEG itself is perfect no hiccups and all audio is in sync. I then bring the MPEG into Ulead DVD Workshop and keeping the exact same settings as I encoded in TEMPEGEnc, author my menus and burn to disk on DVD-R media.
    The MPEG plays perfect on my Pioneer A104 and additional Pioneer DVD drive as well as on my Mac in work and also on my old RCA DVD standalone. However the disk does not play properly in my fathers new RCA standalone (The audio is not playing properly as it starts off slow and then speeds up to normal or just is choppy).
    The first burn with the MPMEG that I was not happy with using Video Studio played without a hiccup using Verbatim disks.
    I am currently out of Verbatim disks and have been trying to use Memorex, TDK or Imatation brand DVD-r disks. they all play great on everything except the forementioned RCA standalone.
    I burned it at a higher bitrate then the first burn that I was not happy with. Is the problem that I should bump my bitrate down to say 6000 or could the problem just be that these disks I've used are not compatible with that player.
    Sorry about the longwinded message but I'm losing what hair I have left over this.

Thanks for any help,
    Michael
Working...