X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • can-do
    • Mar 2002

Playback problems with Windows 98SE

Greetings All,

Seeing as this is my first post on this forum, don't pull out the flame throwers. Here's my problem. Under Windows 95 my DVD player using cinemaster 98/99 worked great. I upgraded to Windows 98 so I could install an 80 GiG hard drive, what a mistake. Now when trying to play a DVD movie I get the crosshatched yellow and black lines saying macrovision 1,2,3 in the middle of the screen. I don't have my computer hooked up to any tv just my monitor. What the heck is going on? If it's a problem with Windows 98SE upgrade, hell I'll dump it to get back my DVD playback. I even purchased a cinemaster board thinking that the problem was that the software version wasn't working, and the hardware version isn't either. I'm pissed if you can't tell. These darn software engineers need to find a real job instead of creating more shit for the rest of us to wade through to just do the simple things in life. If you have an answer to my problem, please email me with what I need to do to fix this problem.

Charles
Working...