• Show
Clear All
  • hoopy_frood_42
    • Jan 2002

Need to disable TV-Out detection with PowerDVD

Pertinent System Info:
    Duron 1200 w/256MB DDR
    Windows XP SR1 (clean recent install)
    Albatron Geforce2MX400 w/CX25871 TV out encoder (sweet for $50)
    Windows XP generic n-vidia drivers that came with the XP SP1 install (newer drivers give me headaches, and generally misbehave)

No monitor is attached to system, but tv-out goes into TV.

I am on the BRINK of having a completely stable system that allows PERFECT DVD-quality playback and Divx Playback all in a complete system. I will share the overall design and implementation once I get it to work perfectly.(Quality on this graphics card is -perfect- DVD quality. Radeon 7500 w/tvout and Chrontel 7007 encoder systems are suckie by comparison. I have no bias to mfgr, I've used each mentioned above, and the cx25871 encoder is mind-bogglingly amazing quality. Truly equal to set-top DVD players.)

My last problem to overcome, is, no matter what DVD player I seem to install it messes up the TV-out setting.
    WinDVD XP- (current) I would start the program, it would look okay, then screen goes black. TV-Tool's hotkey for "TV out On" is CTRL-F1, I press it and whoopee! the picture is back. Until that VOB is done playing, then it blacks the screen AGAIN! So, however it is controlling the TV-out it is messing things up. WinDVD does it every time.

PowerDVD XP 4.0- Does it only twice. I can start POWERDVDXP 4.0 and it looks fine, then when I press -play- it goes blank, but only once, I press the TVTOOL HOTKEY -CTRL F1- then, it's fine, and doesn't messs up again until I exit the program, when it goes blank again, and, you guessed it, it goes blank again. Press the hotkey and good again.

DirectDVD- Same problem as WinDVD, everyVobfile.

How can I disable PowerDVD XP 4.0 from detectiing that my graphics card has a TV-Out capability? I want to make it think that my card has NO tv-out support, so it just tries to play back normally like it would on a monitor. Is there somewhere to tweak in the registry? How does windows know that my card has TV-Out and where can I regedit to convince it my card *doesn't* have TV out?

If anyone has an older version of PowerDVD that was win2k compatible or might work with XP lemme know. I just want a player that is ignorant of my card's tv-out encoder.

TIA,
    Chris
Working...