Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pwrshift
    • Jul 2003

Getting gaps in Export to Tape

I have a Sony camcorder, a loaded PC, and Premiere 6.5 with DVDit PE. Have made several short movies with good success todate, getting better every day since starting in Dec02.

As a way of file control I like to make an archive of each movie with EXPORT TO TAPE from the PC back to the camcorder. Everything has been fine up to the last three attempts to do this.

The problem is I'm getting 1 second gaps (blank tape) in the export process...and several of them. Very annoying, and a useless archive. All the previous ones have been OK...no gaps. The last three have all had these gaps and they were on different tapes...so I narrowed it down to my PC, the Camcorder, the software, or the connections.

I have saved an AVI of each of these three movies to my hard disk without problem and they play fine, without gaps. Checked the Premiere settings and they seem all right...same as before when the Eport to Tape worked fine. The connections all seem great. The camcorder takes original movies just fine...and I can capture them easily via firewire to Premiere on the PC.

Don't know which service people to call about this...is the the PC, the camcorder, or software? All this equipment/software is less than 7 months old.

Help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Brian
Working...