Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Queenie
    • Oct 2003

Problems with Nero 60019

Please can someone help me before I end up needing a wig?

I downloaded some .avi files to burn onto disc and had problems with Nero 5.5. So, I went and downloaded the latest version that Ahead had produced. The interface looks great and after downloading some updates from Micro$oft, I seemed all set.

However, I kept getting a blue screen error when the files were being transcoded. Apparently something to do with my Logitech mouse? SO, I downloaded the mouseware drivers from Logitech and set off on my mission again. No blue screens anymore but it won't even get to the burn stage. It starts to transcode, gets about 7 mins into the task and then I get an error from Nero (1004) and then it shuts down.

I tried various files and it does the same thing for all of them.

I am running XP Pro and a Sony CRX220A1 52X CDRW. I recently upgraded to a 1.75ghz processor and 256mb memory and a new motherboard, but lost the use of the DVD Decoder for the DVD-Rom as it was outdated. Is this what is causing the issues with Nero (I might add, I have been able to view part of the film I downloaded but have not sat and tried to watch in its entirity), or is something else amiss? Being new to burning films, I am a bit naive as to what I should be looking for.

The CDRW has successfully burnt audio CD's prior to the attampts to burn the films.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Working...