Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonny_F
    • Oct 2003

video freezing/pausing

I am trying to compile a reasonably complete account of the nature of this common problem.
    I have done a fair amount of searching but have come up with little more than lot's of posts asking the question but few replies with explanations or solutions.

I was hoping I might get some ideas here from more experienced users

I've been looking for solutions to the problem of videos (whether avi or mpg) that stall/pause while you watch them, where the video portion freezes for 10 to 30 seconds (etc) and then resumes, often while the audio continues to play.

I'd be appreciative of any and all comments; first, on why/how the problem occurs; and as well, of course, for solutions to repair such videos (if any).

By at least getting some responses as to what actually causes the problem, I can at least do some more research on understanding those issues better on my own.

I realize there may be a number of reasons why the problem occurs.

So far I have a short list of suspects, these may be accurate, maybe not, any and all commentary on these or other reasons would be most appreciated:

1) I've read this problem can happen if video is redubbed with a different sampling rate (?) than the original, causing frames to get dropped.

2) I've seen the problem appear after using a joiner to re-join video segments

3) I'm wondering how any hardware issues on playback might be sometimes to blame ... (hardware acceleration? ... inadequate processing power?)

Like I say, any input that will point me in the right direction would be appreciated, whether just a mention of an issue that causes it ... or a full technical explanation (for me, the more technical the better, gives me more to run with )

Many thanx in advance for any responses!!!
    Sina
Working...