Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJREY
    • Feb 2004

Problems with DVD's playing in Component "progressive scan" mode

I have a very strange (to me) problem that I'm not sure what is going on and was hoping that someone here in this forum could help me out. I recently bought from Amazon.com some Wrestling DVD's that were made by the World Wrestling Federation. I'm sure a lot of you might know about them. The title I'm having a problem with is Wrestlemania 18. It won't play properly in Component "progressive scan" mode. It flashes and looks like the signal is scrambled some how....like it's copy protected or something. When I switch to regular video mode it plays fine. It's the only DVD that I've ever seen this happen to up until ...again today....I got another DVD from Amazon.com for a similar DVD called NWO..."Back in BlacK". It does the exact same thing as mentioned above. Both DVD's where made by the WWF and manufactured in 2002. One was an opened copy (the wrestlemania 18) and I originally thought it was a DUPE. But the other one was never opened and in it's original form (never used). I have 8 other DVD's made my the WWF but manufactured in 2003 and 2004 and none of them have this problem. Only the 2002 ones. I have over 200 DVD's in my collection and all play great in Component "progressive scan" mode. I just find this weird problem happen two times in a row...but noticed that the two DVD's I just purchased were both made in 2002. Could it be that it's a disk manufacturing problem from the company in 2002? Or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of? Is it some kind of copy protection? Can anyone help me on this OR GIVE ME ANSWERS OR SUGGESTIONS? I don't want to return these DVD's if it's not the fault of the murchant's who sold them to me. Like I said before they play fine in regular video mode but NOT in Component "progressive scan" mode. My DVD player/recorder is a SONY RDR-GX7 thanks
    Last edited by AJREY; 22 Feb 2004, 09:14 AM.
Working...