external DVD burner problems, please help!! now!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SphinxMAD
    • Jul 2004

external DVD burner problems, please help!! now!

Here's the situation.

I have a NEC-2510A in USB 2.0 enclosure (thus making it an external drive that sits on top of my computer).

For some reason (i've tested this with two types of media - DVD-R 2x OFF NAME BRAND and DVD+R 4x TDK), when these blank medias are in the drive, my computer doesn't even recognize them. If I go to open the drive, it says "Please insert disc into drive D" as if no disc were already in it.

The drive burns well when it burns (it can burn with nero, roxio, dvd cloner II, but for some reason DVD SHRINK will not recognize any disc, just as windows doesn't).

Also, for DVDs i've already burned, when putting them into the drive, only rarely show up or are recognized.

Would all these problems be fixed if I just put it inside my computer and take off the usb enclosure. Is it faster inside my computer than external Via USB 2.0??

Please someone help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

oh and also, dvd movies i've copied with DVD CLONER II stop on my dvd player exactly at 120 minutes, even if the movie isn't finished. for exmaple, i burned FAST AND THE FURIOUS, which is only 107 minuts, but the copied version stops at a still image at 120 minutes, and the movie isn't over. I guess the menu and previews and everything counted as extra minuites? but I thought that was included in the 107 minutes.

WEll, my main problem is the burner "freezeing" as described earlier above- please someone help me with that!!!

Oh, lol so many questoins- anyone know where to get cheap DVD+R9 dual layer blank media?

thanks so much this forum is the best
Working...