Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starman
    • Feb 2002

Audio error in creating avi file

I'm trying to create an avi file that captures jpg images as a slideshow with background music for each image file (wav files) using a software product called SSMM. I have about 35 slides showing for 8 sec each. When I attempt to do this, the video output comes out fine, but I get an error near the end of the process when it attempts to join the audio segments together and embed in the avi file. The error indicates "No ACM stream open. Audio codec settings cannot be used." My choices for audio are basic choices of setting bitrate, mono or stereo (e.g., 96, 44K, 24K, etc. stereo). I've tried several of these but seem to get the same error no matter which I use in combination with different video codec settings.

Can anyone tell me what this error means and how I can get around this problem? An alternative I thought of is to just create the video avi and then try to combine an audio stream with this into a single mpg file. Is this possible? What software would I use to create the audio joined segments from wav or mp3 files? What would I use to join the video and audio?

Would really appreciate some help or advice with this?

Thanks.
Working...