Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azbeau
    • Nov 2004

Password

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the new DVD shrinker, and upon installing was asked for a password which was provided, and have not had a single problem. A friend of mine downloaded the program from the same mirror site yesterday (and tried seveal other as well), was never asked to enter a password......only other difference is he is running his DVD rom/writer as and external device whereas mine is internal.

Problem: within seconds of doing backup, he gets an error regarding Copyright with every single disk, and they are older movies. Mine have all been old and recent and I have had no problems. Any insight??? Thanks.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

DVDShrink don't uses any password. Could you mean regioncode? What mirror did you download from?

A safe place do download from is this link: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Comment

• azbeau
      • Nov 2004

After going to the DVD Shrink.org site, I went to the mirrored sites (as suggested). From there, I downloaded the second site for one computer, and the last one on the list for the other computer I have. After opening the zip file and installing the files, a page came up that said password was needed with a link. The link lead to a site that had SULIMACI as the password, and thus I entered it.

The exact same sites were used for my friend's computer, though no password was requested; but, my program is running like a charm, and his is not. Thanks

Comment

• azbeau
        • Nov 2004

PS. He did try the program from the mrbass.org site as well, which gave the same program that doesn't work on back up.

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Think your friend should run a virus program and a spyware check. There is something wrong going on with that PC.

Talk about general digital video topics not part of the categories/forums below

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cynthia
            Think your friend should run a virus program and a spyware check. There is something wrong going on with that PC.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=42877
            A friend of mine, after downloading DVD Shrink form a mirror site was asked for a password to extract the files. I told him to delete it and check his computer completely. As far as I know there wasn't anything found.

I wonder if bogus, or worse, files are being put up by "the powers that be" to try to discourage people from using the program?

Comment

Working...