Can anyone help with IFO and BUP files please?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark269
    • Nov 2004

Can anyone help with IFO and BUP files please?

Can anyone please help a newbie!?

I am trying to collect clips from various different DVDs and burn them onto a DVD-r using Nero.

I have managed to get these clips from about three or four different DVDs onto my hard drive using DVD Shrink. I have not taken whole chapters, I have just used the start/end frame button to edit what i wanna keep. I have ripped the DVD's succesfully, and the clips play on my PC beautifully.

Each individual clip has gone into its own folder, which contains Audio_TS and Video_TS folders. In the video_TS folder i have five files:
    Video_TS (BUP - 6kb), Video_TS (IFO - 6kb), VTS_01_0 (BUP 14kb), VTS_01_0 (IFO 14kb) and finally VTS_01_0 (VOB 250Mb whopper!).

As i saw the VOB file was the biggie, i naively dragged all these VOB files into Nero, and hit burn. Nero did not like it one bit. I then realised that I need to take accross some of the IFO and BUP files into Nero with the VOB files. So I dragged all the contents of these folders (IFO, BUP, and VOB's) into Nero. As I am trying to collect and burn about nine different clips, it then complained that there were multiple files with the same name, i.e. the Video_TS.BUP and IFO files.

I have realised that I cant just burn the VOB files on their own, they need their IFO's and BUP's, but which ones do I burn? Basically, how do i lump all these clips together and burn them onto a DVD-r? Do I need some other software? I'm currently using DVD Shrink and Nero.

Not expecting a full detailed description, just someone pointing me in the direction of some useful tutorial will be fine.
    Grateful for responses. ta!
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Not done this myself but in TMPGEnc DVD Author there is an 'add dvd' button which should daisy-chain your folders into a single structure?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

Re: Can anyone help with IFO and BUP files please?

Originally posted by mark269
      how do i lump all these clips together and burn them onto a DVD-r? Do I need some other software? I'm currently using DVD Shrink and Nero.

Comment

• mark269
        • Nov 2004

Thanks for the advice, read the tutorial and its all pretty clear now. Don't know how I didn't think about going about the task that way in the first place!

Comment

Working...