Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marianozz
    • Mar 2002

Hollywood+ / Audigy

Hi guys, i have a couple questions id love to get help with...

I have a Realmagic Hollywood+ DVD decoder card, works ok, i use it with the TVout.

Ive recently got a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum, and Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 speakers.

The problem i ran into is that i cant get 5.1 AC3 audio out of my DVD playback in anyway...

The thing is, when i select AC3 in DVDStation i get no sound, i tried pluging the SPDIF OUT in the H+ into the SPDIF IN in the Audigy Drive, with no results (i checked mixer settings, volumes, i tried cables....)

I tried PowerDVD, and Audio works great, but it looks like crap, thats what i need to use the H+, and its TVOut is far better than the TV in my video card.

---

I know the H+ is the same card as Creative´s own DXR3, and i know for a fact that creative dvd cards and sofware passes the 5.1 signal to the sound card thru the PCI bus, and this is something apparently disabled in the H+ drivers.

I found a gazillion of sites and solutions to use H+ software with the DXR3 card (to be able to multizone), but i found nothing to do it backwards... Creative drivers doesnt work, and the player software installer quits because "the card is not detected".....

---

SO! sorry about my long post, i tried to keep it as detailed as possible, please, if anyone knows what i can do, thank you!!

what im basically looking for is a player that can use the H+ for video, and the Audigy for audio....

thanx again!!!

Marianozz
Working...