• Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

New begining - new problems . please help

hi

as u can see,i signed up for this forum about 2 years ago...i had a different computer back then,and i wasnt really worried that my encodings are not really fast, i used dvdx and dvx...

after some time i'm back in the digital video editing,encoding etc...and i have a new comp...so i expected it to be faster....and it got faster but only with dvx(virtualdubmod)...but dvdx is slow again(round 15fps per a pass in divx/7.5 overall process)
    another problem is that when the movie is encoded its smaller size than it should be...and i used 3 bitrate calculators,all of them showing different values,but too low, as it seems to me because the filesizes get up to 300mb smaller than projected
    now i dont get these problems with dvx,and the result is an exact size file,but audio is out of sync,and as i also noticed,there were about 7 sec black screen in the encoded video,which i didn't have in file encoded by dvdx

now,i also noticed that no one is using this encoding software(dvdx & dvx),by looking through the forum...are they that bad?

which bitrate callculator is the best,i encode using (old) divx pro 5.0.2 codec because it worked best for me,and it works for my dvd/divx player...
    whats wrong with dvdx(2.3)
    are there any settings in my dvx software i could change so i dont get out of sync video file(i presume it should have something to do with virtualdubmod)
    or should i use another software generally(but as i see it its all a matter of individual approach,same software doesn't allways "fit" different persons)

ps.sorry for my bad english
    cro-anthem-video
Working...