X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • banaue
    • Feb 2006

SVHS to SHVS problems

Hi,
    I have a ASUS AX850 card with VIVO. Instead of my earlier card, there is just one (female) SVHS connector, if I counted corrected, with 9 pins.
    My VCR has a 5 pin SVHS connector so obviously neither my new 9 pins-cable nor my 5 pin cable fit.
    ASUS develers the card with a 9 pin to 9 pin cable and in addition a convertor
    cable. This convertor cable fits in the 9 pin VIVO of my Asus, and splits in 2 subcable. Each subcable has a 5 pin female SVHS plug and a yellow tullip (I do not know the english name but it is a simple, audiostyle roundplug for video) female plug. One of the cables is marked "<-", I presume for input, the other is for output. When I connect a 5 pin SVHS cable into the inputsubcable and into my VCR, with almost no programs I get see any image. Only with the ASUS videosecurity I get an image, but then it is black and white.
    Al other videocapture programs show no image, although my capturedriver is installed correctly I guess. When I connect my VCR with a 5 pin SVHS cable into my older ASUS card on another computer, I works just fine.

I have tried all different versions of the Asus and ATI driver/capture software, and the result remains the same.

I have no clue as how to proceed since in my homecity I can not find any 9 pin SVHS to 5 pin SVHS or to SCARD cables.

Please advise, tnx,
    Banaue
Working...