Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bunion
    • Jan 2005

Completely stuck playing a video file

Ive got the image of a SVCD, and in the extracted MPEG folder is a file called AVSEQ01.MPG.

Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC Media Player, Winamp, Cyberlink Power DVD, Intervideo WinDVD, Media Player Classic, Quicktime and Divx player will not play it.

WMP says "The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. " VLC gets furthest but has stupidly stuttery audio and the video is covered in green or just completely black. Powerdvd and Windvd are similar, the rest just completely fail.

I have tried installing several different MPEG2 codecs but they dont make a difference. I have burnt the image to a cd but the dvd player wont play it. I have tried playing on another computer. The file was downloaded through BitTorrent and it was well seeded so im sure it should play, I also have files from another torrent with exactly the same problem. The SVCD image was made with a program called VCDXBuild and its a conversion from dvd to svcd. I have opened the file with the latest version of GSpot and it says its not a valid avi file despite the fact i thought the latest version could deal with MPG.

Arrgh does anyone know how i can play this file.
Working...