Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Partyslammer
    • May 2006

Vegas Resampling Issues

Is there a way to keep Vegas Movie Studio (v 6) from compressing a completed video project when rendering or saving as a "dvd?" All I can figure out is that the setting "Best" is well, the best a user can get even with going into the "Properties" dialog box for the individual video file in the timeline viewer and selecting "Disable Resample." Even with those two options, it still compresses video down to about 5 - 7Mbps (as well as audio which it knocks down to 224Kbs from 256Kbs).

This is screwed when using pre-compressed sampled vidoe such as something I exported from another dvd video program (in this case, Sony's DVD Gigapocket - I'm using an old VAIO). Video that I get from Gigapocket is at an acceptable and steady 7.62Mbps but as I want to add effects, fades and so on using Vegas, it seems I have to deal with Vegas re-encoding the video again down to an average of 6Mbps variable.

Basically, I have video that is getting compressed / re-authored twice which because it's barely 30 minutes long, is completely unnecessary as it will easily fit on a single layer dvdr disc.

Am I outta luck on this problem?

T.B.
Working...