sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
    I use d2mp quite a bit. I saw a comment on videohelp.com about
    HC Encoder where the author of d2mp mentions changing it to support
    HC Encode. So I wonder if there'll be a beta or new version soon.

I don't see anything on the web page about it though.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up ... "d2mp version 3.8" is available on your above URL.

I have a problem with both ver3.7 and 3.8 ...

I have a Test AVI Clip from Avengers ... which when I try to convert it from AVI to DVD by using either d2mp 3.7 or 3.8 the VIDEO Turn BLUE ... I remember having this problem with FAVC ... but someone told me to turn on or off "DirectShowSoure" ... well with FAVC is possible to do that

Q: BUT ... how the heck do you fix it with d2mp?

Thanks,
      G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Hmmmmm I just updated to 3.8 to try out HC encoder but now it wants
        to do 2 passes even when using quenc set to 1 pass. Plus now the progress
        bar doesn't work. I wish the author would maintain various versions so you
        could back it off when running into trouble. Version numbers embedded in
        the download file names would help too. I can't find 3.7 anywhere now.
        Best I can get back to is 3.6.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
          but someone told me to turn on or off "DirectShowSoure" ... well with FAVC is possible to do that

Q: BUT ... how the heck do you fix it with d2mp?

Thanks,
          G!

Which encoder are you using? I use quenc 1 pass and I haven't noticed anything like that. 3.7 was working well for me.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ Miles ... I used 3.7 and 3.8 on this Test Clip ... and used QuEnc only with 1 Pass ... both times I got the same result.

@ Paglamon ... do you have any clues what the deal might be!?!?

G!

Comment

• gonwk
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

I think I figured out my problem with "BLUE" Shade on the Output DVD (AVI to DVD Conversion) ...

1) "d2mp" has a problem converting AVI's made with DivX 4 (it is the DivX freeware version).

2) by accident I also found out that "d2mp" program CAN NOT convert AVI made by H.264 codec.

I ran multiple tests with the same clip converted to AVI using different Codecs and different programs and the above 2 instances were the lemons.

G!
              Last edited by gonwk; 19 Jun 2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

The thing I'd like to know is why sometimes it will run quenc showing one pass, but when quenc completes and closes, it starts it again!!! Usually if you let it run you get "video error" after about 1 1/2 hours of wheel spinning!! Strange!!

When it works it's good though.

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

1) Did you ever have this problem before? If not, what have you changed since?

2) Do a complete "Uninstall" and delete all the folders and remnants of any .ini in d2mp folder ... then Re-install from Scratch ... that you should take care of it.

So, let us know if this routine helped.

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Hi. No this has popped up at various times in various versions.
                    It seems unpredictable. I guess the next thing would be to
                    look at all the avisynth scripts as they are produced and
                    see if there's a duplicate function or some other clue.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

came up with a work-around

btw I came up with a work-around to get similar results as d2mp but using QuEnc for both video and audio.

If I'm going to make a DVD from more than one .avi then I first use AviDemux 2.4 to append to one .avi file. Then I load it into d2mp and make settings as usual. I start the encode, then hit Cancel. This gives me the basis for the AviSynth script. I save it to an .avs file and just make changes to the AviSource line in the script(for example changing the folder location of the source file and changing 'audio=false' to 'audio=true'.) Also I make note of the average video bitrate info calculated by d2mp for use in QuEnc.

Now I just bring up QuEnc 0.72 and make my settings. I browse to the .avs file I just made and hit the Encode button!!! This gives me an .mpg file with navpacks to feed into DVD AuthorGUI. If I have .srt subtitles then I can add them during the DVD AuthorGUI stage.

It sounds complicated but actually it only takes a minute or two. This way QuEnc runs a single pass every time and I don't get an error dialog from using ffmpeg to process the audio. I'm getting pretty good results even with one pass and the quality setting unchecked. The neat thing is since the resizing and cropping is done using the stuff from d2mp I don't have to do any calculations. Just cut & paste the script generated by d2mp!

Comment

• gonwk
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

Wow ... you know they should make this to a "Sticky" ... or someone should write a program for what you are suggesting.

Actually ... since I usually shy-away from AviSynth and Scripting ( I have no clue if it is not point & click) ... this procedure of yours might be a "Good" learning curve for me. I will try it ...

Thanks and nice hearing from you!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                          Eclectician
                          • Nov 2006

Yeah I've kinda' shied away from AviSynth myself and I shouldn't. It's very powerful free software. I think my next project will be to download one of those
                          script generator front ends for it and start to learn it.

Also I've found that sometimes if you have a video file that makes a video encoder app choke, you can do a one-line .avs script just loading the file and the app will accept it. Strange but true.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

Didn't mean to hijack your thread

Originally Posted by gonwk
                            Hi folks,

I think I figured out my problem with "BLUE" Shade on the Output DVD (AVI to DVD Conversion) ...

1) "d2mp" has a problem converting AVI's made with DivX 4 (it is the DivX freeware version).

2) by accident I also found out that "d2mp" program CAN NOT convert AVI made by H.264 codec.

I ran multiple tests with the same clip converted to AVI using different Codecs and different programs and the above 2 instances were the lemons.

G!
                            btw I didn't mean to hijack your thread... to make up for it I'll share some info I found. Sometimes I'll run across .avi files that play ok on the PC but when you burn 'em as .avi files and play them on stand-alone or even convert to DVD and play on stand-alone, you'll get multi-specled colors in the first case and blue tint in the latter case. The fix I found out is use a converter that lets you edit the AviSynth script and right after the AviSource() line insert SwapUV() with no parameters. Bingo!!! Natural colors!!

Comment

• gonwk
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

Gracias Miles!

G!

Comment

Working...