Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takieda
    • Apr 2006

Video Codec File Examples

I've been searching for this for some time, and as yet haven't seemed to have found it. Does anyone know where I can get a large set of video files of the same video clip that are all encoded in different formats?
    I need it for portable player testing purposes (playability, quality, etc.), and I've been trying to make the files, but there are numerous codecs which I can't seem to produce files for, whether it be that I have bad codecs, or bad understanding of how to use them, I don't know.

I'm hoping there is a list like this, because aside from that, I'm going to have to hunt down and solve every single codec problem I'm having, which could net me weeks, if not months of research and work (the dreaded FFDShow solid green video problem comes to mind, as well as zoomed in video playback of certain formats). It will also help me identify which codecs are incorrectly installed on my system (i.e. if a video file is known to be a good encode and it doesn't work on my system, then my system is at fault - as opposed to me making a bad encode and it won't play back, which would be my fault, but potentially produce the same result).

Thanks for any help,
    -Takieda
Working...