Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cybernoid
    • Jul 2003

SVCD Onto A DVD

Hi all, i wonder if anyone can help me. I've just converted TLOTR deluxe box set into one SVCD file and now i want to burn it onto a DVD so it will play on my set top DVD player. HOW the SMEG do i do this.

many thanks to anyone who can help.

CYBERNOID
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you wish to convert it to standard DVD format, do the following:

1) Use TMPGEnc to de-multiplex the SVCD file (usually "AVSEQ001.MPG"), as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>DeMultiplex

2) Use "TMPGEnc" (Main window) to load FIRST the .M2V videostream and SECOND the .MP2 audiostream. To convert to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format, use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template(Under the "Advanced" tab, change "Source aspect ratio to 720x480 NTSC, or 720x576 PAL).

3) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

(Note: If the "package" of DVD files exceeds 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink to compress before burning with NERO)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i would NOT follow the instructions above!

re-encoding your already existing svcd material to dvd will upsample your resolution from 480 to 720 and thus definitely make the output video quality look worse than it was before.

besides it'll cost you additional time that is not needed at all.

you could easily burn your svcd to dvd WITHOUT altering the videostream and thus keep the quality as is.

DVDLab does an excellent job creating (or even burning) vobfiles out of your svcd matrerial - menues could be created as well.

here's how to use DVDLab

or go the manual way

Comment

Working...