Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asadkismail
    • Jun 2004

virtualdubmod gives error on mkv file

Can anybody tell me why when opening a .mkv file in virtual dub mod it says:

"Birtual block not handled"

And if u no of any other way to convert .mkv to ogm or avi
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

what version of vdubmod do you have?
    it only supports mkv since 1.5.10.1 i believe...

Comment

• asadkismail
      • Jun 2004

i have same version but it still says

Comment

• justabum
        • Aug 2004

I know this is old, but I found this topic when searching through Google for a similar problem. This program may or may not work for you, but it did for me. The program is MKVtoolnix, but I prefer Matroska Tools and I found out about it on a French (?) site. Here's the homepage:

It works through command-lines or Command Prompt/DOS. I was able to extract an XviD video into AVI format with this program. I hope it works for others as well.

I am aware that most would know of this program.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
          matroska project member
          • May 2003

VirtualdubMod doesnt support any of the modern MKV files anymore, its development is more or less stalled.

Mkvtoolnix is in fact the way to go if it comes to MKV files, and it has a nice GUI also ( no need to use Command Prompts anymore ), called mmg.exe. Just get the mkvmerge win32 binaries ( mmg.exe is in the package ) and the mingw runtimes from http://mkvmerge.matroska.org .....
          Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

Working...