matrix, how to rip using flask 6, help ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gez
    • Dec 2001

matrix, how to rip using flask 6, help ?

I have ripped lots of films fine but for some reason can't do this one. I have ripped the VOBS to my hard drive but when I open the IFO file in Flask 6 I get an error and it closes down. What am I doing wrong, please help as this is really bugging me know.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

You are using smartripper (or some other 'Smart' ripping tool), by default smartripper will strip mutiangles from the vob files, this is nessary for encoding tools that don't have ifo-parsing.

So if your movie contain mutliple angles like the matrix, the index information in the ifo file will nolonger be valid. This causes flask to crash.

To avoid this use the 'files' or 'backup' rip-method in smartripper
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Rip the DVD using Clad (I continue to use Clad V.1.71, rather than later versions, as it works perfectly with all DVDs). Do NOT put a checkmark in the box labeled "Skip Multi-angles". Once ripped, you'll have no problem getting Flask to properly handle the .IFO file when you select "Open DVD".

Let us know of your success ;>}

P.S. Yes, I've specifically successfully ripped and converted "Matrix" using this method.
      Last edited by setarip; 9 Dec 2001, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

smartripper works fine with matrix. only flask is a stupid ifo based too

Comment

• gez
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by setarip
          Rip the DVD using Clad (I continue to use Clad V.1.71, rather than later versions, as it works perfectly with all DVDs). Do NOT put a checkmark in the box labeled "Skip Multi-angles". Once ripped, you'll have no problem getting Flask to properly handle the .IFO file when you select "Open DVD".

Let us know of your success ;>}

P.S. Yes, I've specifically successfully ripped and converted "Matrix" using this method.
          Thanks for the help, although I used SmartRipper and selected the files option rather than Movie and this then worked fine in Xmpeg 4.2a

Comment

• gez
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by khp
            You are using smartripper (or some other 'Smart' ripping tool), by default smartripper will strip mutiangles from the vob files, this is nessary for encoding tools that don't have ifo-parsing.

So if your movie contain mutliple angles like the matrix, the index information in the ifo file will nolonger be valid. This causes flask to crash.

To avoid this use the 'files' or 'backup' rip-method in smartripper
            Thanks it worked fine......

Comment

Working...