X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varunb
    Trying my experiments in the dark.
    • Dec 2005

Appropriate IVTC method ?

I have a NTSC telecined DVD movie & i want to encode it to 23.976 progressive avi format. My basic problem is that which ivtc method should i use to remove all the interlaced artifacts? I was going to use the 'forced film' method in DGIndex but then i stumbled upon the ivtc tutorials in one of the sticky threads. It said that even the forced film method is not perfect for those dvd movies which are not 100% film & to use the telecide plugin in avisynth. Does this telecide filter produces the same output video as the Telecide filter (found at neuron's site) made for virtualdub ? If not, then which IVTC method should i use that will remove all the interlaced artifacts ? Should i do forced film first & then deinterlace it in virtualdub using the smart deinterlace filter at the frame rate of 23.976 ? I just want my inverse telecined video to b lossless in quality with non-jerky motion (basically for tv playback)

I have tried using DGIndex with forced film & i found that the movie is 99% Film. So now which method should I use ?
    Last edited by varunb; 13 Jul 2006, 09:18 PM.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

force film

more info http://www.doom9.org/ivtc-tut.htm#IVTCForNTSC
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎