X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Nintendo 3DS Hacked A Whole Day After Release In Japan

Well, that didn't last long. It only took a day, actually less, for Nintendo's new flagship portable console to be hacked. Videos have already appeared on YouTube (see below) showing R4 playing "backup" DS games with impunity on the new 3D console.

Only the DS part of the console has been "hacked" though, with copied 3DS games so far still unplayable, although this is still early days.

Nintendo has promised a new and improved anti-piracy system for the 3DS, and their efforts are working so far (well, a whole day or two after release, anyway), but whether it will remain secure for long remains to be seen.

Videos:

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Digitalboy
    Hello
    • Feb 2011

I have the hackers have got really smart now... maybe there is no stopping them.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

To be fair, even with the DSi, the flash cards only worked for DS-mode games and homebrew, so you couldn't use any of the DSi features such as the camera. Supposedly, Team Cyclops, the makers of the CycloDS cards, finally came out with something that could run homebrew that utilizes the camera and faster CPU, and that only JUST came out about a week ago. I've ordered one for me and will check it out soon.

So it's not even surprising that these 3DS cards could only do DS mode.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• Digitalboy
        Hello
        • Feb 2011

Better then nothing. The 3DS doesn't really draw me anyway.... Id rather the new psp

Comment

Working...