Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuknrm
    • Dec 2002

why cant i play my burnt dvds

they play fine on my computer but they will not load on my standalone dvd player. i have burnt many dvds before and they played fine but now the dvd is not recognizing them

what gives

tuknrm
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you using a different brand or format of burnable DVD?

Comment

• tuknrm
      • Dec 2002

its the same cdrs but different software and instructions

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"its the same cdrs but different software and instructions"

1) Which is it - are you burning DVDs or CDs?

2) Use the "software and instructions" that generated successful results...

Comment

• tuknrm
          • Dec 2002

i converted the avi to mpg and then burned it with nero. but the dvd player is not reading it. the dvd player in my computer reads it fine. i lost the old instructions.

Comment

• tuknrm
            • Dec 2002

i must be doing something wrong. the dvd player plays the dvd i ripped and burned before and i m using the same cdrs. so its not the dvd player. i have made 10 coasters and it has to stop

Comment

• gd_nimrod
              • Nov 2002

Well then try using Nero Burning Rom to burn the vcd's...
              Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
              http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
              http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Try the following in order to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
                2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
                5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
                6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
                8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
                9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
                10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• sinistermoon
                  • Dec 2002

tuknrm says:i converted the avi to mpg and then burned it with nero.
                  then gd_nimrod says:Well then try using Nero Burning Rom to burn the vcd's
                  then setarip says:Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD

HAHAHA found that funny.
                  Heres a riddle for you all.
                  Q:How many people dose it take to anwser a question that has already been stated?
                  A:2, gd_nimrod and setarip

tuknrm, you probly didnt check all standards for vcd format(as explained by setarip in the last post)
                  Also, cdrws remember cdrws.
                  No more costers!

Comment

• gd_nimrod
                    • Nov 2002

Are you laughing AT me or WITH me
                    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
                    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
                    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• kdiaz
                      • Dec 2001

OK then...here's a different question...(I think) How do I create the VCD's with Nero, but burning it onto a DVD-R instead of CD-R. Is that possible or wouldn't that work out? I have an mpeg1 file and I want to throw it onto a DVD. The problem is that I've only put video onto blank DVD by using the usual VOBs and IFO files...

Comment

Working...