X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toomanycats
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2005

I think LG makes a good product. Sony had so many tuner problems I can't believe they never got sued, like Thomson Consumer Products, (RCA,GE, T.V.'s) did. I mad a lot of money off of Sony Tuner repairs. With the price of LCD projectors dropping (ZV 90 Sanyo's for$1000.) I wonder why more people don't go that route. My projecctor is really small and has returned much for the investment. I don't know if I would buy anything new from Sony. I just saw one of their rear projection HDTV LCD T.V.'s and it wasn't that good. My brother in law did not take my advice and spent $1800 on it.(He knew someone at Sony) It had a lot of staircasing and the picture's brightness greatly depended on where you were in relation to it. I think the 40" Wega's look a lot better than most of the plasma and LCD TV's out there (with3d comb filter) and you could buy a ZV90 and Wega and still be cheaper than most Plasma and LCD TV's of size (40" or greater).

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

i can't stand rear projection, i'm going for an LCD monitor

roughly, here's my process: i go to the store, write down the model numbers of the ones i like in terms of style and PQ, search the net for full specs, cross out the ones that aren't up to scratch. search for professional/buyer's reviews. go to the store again, take another look at them, spend another week or so 'thinking' about it, read again, go several stores, haggle & buy

and ofcourse it'll be connected to a htpc...
      Last edited by anonymez; 7 Dec 2005, 01:48 PM.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• IVxIV
        • Aug 2006

Hi all. I'm new to this forum & new to the world of DVI video too, and am having what appears to be the same problem as the op. Hope someone can help!

I bought a Hyundai ImageQuest 32" LCD TV that has a DVI-in port, and have tried to connect it to my home computer DVI-out (MSI GeForce 6600GT video card) with a 15' cable. The resulting picture on the TV has an extreme red hue to it despite any fiddling I try on either end. Not sure if the TV is malfunctioning? Is the PC or video card defective? Bad cable?? I can't tell what's wrong.. Can anyone relate to this problem, is it common? Seeing as I found this thread I am guessing there must be a common problem present..

Any suggestions for how to correct or what to do? Thanks in advance guys!
        <!-- / message -->

Comment

Working...