• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickless
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2005

Laptop Burner Upgrade

Alright, so I've had just about all I can handle of my slow 1x burner on my laptop... for as much burning as I do, I deserve a better piece of equipment.

Does anyone know a good laptop burner on the market? I imagine they are pretty tough to install too... any idea where I could take it to get installed and for about how much?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

what's your laptop?

Comment

• nickless
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jun 2005

hold on chewy we had this convo once before, looking up the burner I have now... let me find the link.

Here was the convo that we talked about my laptop and my burner. I think you might have come to the conclusion that it was a 4x burner... if so I'll start burning at 4x. But I've been burning at 1x since I can remember.

The reason I brought this up is because I now use ImgBurn which asks you to input the speed you want to burn. DVD Shrink always gave me 3 options (max, 2x, 1x).

Read it over and let me know.
      Last edited by nickless; 31 Dec 2005, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• nickless
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jun 2005

I just read on the web other people posting about the burner I have. They said it can burn up to 4x. I've never burnt at 4x, and I haven't updated the firmware yet. Do you recommend me updating the firmware before I start burning at 4x? If so.. any quick info or links on how to update firmware the correct way?

I haven't had any problems with burning on 1x, and have yet to use a DVD-R that the burner doesn't recognize, which is why I never updated the firmware.

Comment

Working...