Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Thanks for the feedback, evidently that Intel 915 chipset is one to look out for.
    I wish we could have captured a screen shot in device manager of the
    ide driver when it was screwed up, probably another buggy first release
    driver.

Comment

• Raven386
      • Nov 2005

well heres an update to my problem. Gateways has finally agreed to send me a new pc. they wont just send me a new driver. My Secondary Driver has been going crazy lately. when i put a disc in it. it starts to spin and it never stops. i have to manually kill the power to my computer because it freezes everything. it isnt a virus or anything like that. did all sorts of scans and crap. must be come kinda problem with the driver. my DVD +/- R / DL my primary driver... is working 10 times better now without the secondary driver. im getting read rates at 5X + . After i had told gateway i was getting ready to purchase a Laptop with a 1GB memory and the works added to it. and was contemplating getting it from them. and then told them because the problems i was having i would never buy another pc from them. next day some person higher up in the food chain called and said i should be getting my new pc in 7-8 business days. so thank you to everyone that helped me out ! ! !
      Not a member? Sign Up Here

Comment

Working...