Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aksmith
    • May 2004

Reassigning Keyboard Keys in XP?

I've searched the forum and can't find anything on this topic. I just bought a Toshiba M65 S809 Laptop and the right shift key is less than half the size of my left shift key. I keep hitting the up arrow key, which is in the spot the shift key would normally be. It's quite annoying. Anybody know of any freeware, shareware or cheapware that will allow me to assign the right shift key to the up arrow key? I've searched the internet, and all I come up with are a couple of programs that say they can do it, but when I research them, people complain they aren't any good and they crash their computers. Thanks.

Btw, I've been lurking on these forums for years and I have usually been able to get my questions answered without having to ask. So, thanks for all the help you didn't know you were giving me.
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

Have you seen KeyTweak? I don't see a comment or feeback section, but it looks like it should do what you ask.

Regards,
    Cambion7
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• aksmith
      • May 2004

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look.

Comment

• aksmith
        • May 2004

I installed Key Tweak and it's working great. Thank you. One note, I stupidly tried to change my laptop keyboard while I had a second keyboard plugged in to the USB port. It didn't hurt anything, but I sat here stupidly, and I do mean stupidly, wondering for a few minutes why the program didn't work. But all's well that ends well. Thank you for the suggestion. I would recommend this program to anyone who needs to rearrange their cramped or poorly planned laptop keys.

Comment

• Cambion7
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Nov 2005

You're quite welcome.

Cambion7
          Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
          - Confidence

Comment

• Bluedrop
            • Mar 2008

I do not know how Key Tweak works... but I have been using Keyboard Remapper for some time now and I found it to be pretty cool. You can assign key combination to only one key and also reset the special keys of the keyboard.
            Might help !

Comment

Working...