Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

I was really expecting the cpu to be hotter than it is. It is actually cooler than my AthlonXP 2000. That idled at 30 C and went to 35 C using Shrink/DVD-RB. I had some side panel fans which would make it 25 C idle and 30 C under load but they were too noisy to be used. They also sucked in a load of dust.

I have done Procoder as well and that seemed fast. Itstated 0.70x real time speed.

I still have the RAM set to DDR33. I will up it to DDR400 once the computer has settled down a bit more.

I did a memory test with Aida32.

Memory Read 4098 MB/s
    Memory Write 1304 MB/s

My AthlonXP2000 with DDR266

Memory Read 1770 MB/s
    Memory Write 590 MB/s

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

settled down a bit more

timid is an understatement

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Chewy
        settled down a bit more

timid is an understatement

I will leave it a day or so. I will re-do the memory tests and see if they are any faster.

The only two things I will add to it is a black DVD writer and a internal memory card reader

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

I have put the memory to the correct DDR400 speed now.

I am using DVD Rebuilder with CCE 2.70 and a disc (Seven Samuari) at 55% reduction looks like it will take a little more than 3 hours using 2 passes. When considering the film is nearly 8GB and 190 minutes. I am very happy with it and is definitely quicker than what I used to get. The same disc with Shrink and AEC Sharp took 1 hour 45 minutes. That would have been about 3 hours easily.

My Dad liked the case so much he has just built one for himself but it is the windowed side panels version. He also got the same motherboard but Socket 754 and Sempron 3300. He even got the same DVD writer as the one I have ordered.

The windows are top and at the sides. The pic below is the top see through window and shows the blue LED fan at the back with the power and IDE cables in front of it. You can also see the top of the DVD writer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...