Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cellar uncle
    • Feb 2006

Cyberlink Power Director...which one ?

Through advice I have received here, Ive decided to go with Cyberlink Power Director. I thought CPD 5 intially as I read a really good review. However when I went to get it, the shop cant seem to get it, but have CPD 4 and CPD PRO. I am a beginner so I figure PRO may be to advanced for me ?
    How much "less" is CPD 4 than CPD 5 ?. Is there much of a difference. I have looked up the specs but as I dont understand the jargon, they dont mean anything to me. Is PRO to much for a beginner and how much better is it than 5 ?
    Ease of use is very important to me, but I want as many features as I can handle. Any advice on this ?
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Well,I use CPD 4.But why don't u try out the trial version of CPD 5 first?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

ver 5 is very much better then older version, cant say bout pro version, it may be an even older version, it comes as PD 4/5 delux, basic, oem, etc.........

get the delux if u can, it will be better for later use, as all are same to work on.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• cellar uncle
        • Feb 2006

Ive looked in all the computer shops ( Im in New Zealand ) and I can only find CPD 4 and PRO. They cant even seem to be able to order CPD 5. So I went to the Cyberlink site to order it on line. Under the heading "Cyberlink Power Director 5, Full Version" there seems to be not one, but two products. One says "Box", $89.95. The other says "Multiple Downloads 619 MB ", $89.95. I assume "Box" is what Im looking for, but what are these multiple downloads. Do I have to buy both ? Is "Box" not complete without the other ?

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

box means u'll get all stuff, CD, manuals.........

but will take time to reach u.

on otherhad, download verson u have to download all the files, including program, help files, manuals....... it will be instant if u have fast connection.

i got download versions as box version is not available here and i dont want to pay for shipments and wait aswell.

Comment

• cellar uncle
            • Feb 2006

ok man, thanks. I dont know if it comes with an actual "real" manual or not but I like to have a book you can actually hold in your hands.

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

no u get a pdf file, electronic book

Comment

• cellar uncle
                • Feb 2006

Some box versions only come with an electronic book. Do you know if CPD 5 comes with a "real" maual , because if not, I may as well go with the downloads. And Ive just thought of something else, I have two computers, this one, connected to the net, and my one I will be using for the CPD 5, which is not. So how do I download it ? Do I download it on this one, burn it to disk, and then upload it to my other one ?. And if thats the way, might I not get errors due to burning, therefore damaging my new program ?

I know nothing about computers except that if theres a wrong way to do it, I will invariably find it.

Comment

• atifsh
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2003

Originally Posted by cellar uncle
                  Some box versions only come with an electronic book. Do you know if CPD 5 comes with a "real" maual , because if not, I may as well go with the downloads.
                  i dont know this, iv only got download version, though it dont make sense of not including printed manual in box version.

Originally Posted by cellar uncle
                  Do I download it on this one, burn it to disk, and then upload it to my other one ?. And if thats the way, might I not get errors due to burning, therefore damaging my new program ?

I know nothing about computers except that if theres a wrong way to do it, I will invariably find it.

yes u have to burn it, then install it on ur main computer, but any problems u'll get during burning, u wont be messing ur orignal file... also if somthing happen to orignal, u can always re-download it again.

Comment

• cellar uncle
                    • Feb 2006

Atifsh, if I was to go with the download version, is the electronic manual practible to print ? What I mean is, is it a managable size or does it have so many pages it would cost a fortune in ink cartridges to print ?
                    Also, if I download it to my computer, is it then only my computer that contains the original, if I changed computers one day, would I then have to burn it, and thereby relay on the quality of that burning ? And what say a virus got into my computer and ruined my original download ?

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

ok answer this what if u buy box version, and manage to messup the orignal cd?

when u burn to cd use better quality cd and then if it works it will work again and again..... still want tobe safe used 3 4 cds and burn multiple cd's of ur software and keep 2 3 in some safe place

also check this out http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/downl....jsp?dl_id=293

i never printed the manual, infact never read it, well im quite use to it, using since ver 2.5 and also cause im used to this stuff new tools arent that hard to get around for me. for u it may be different.

Comment

Working...