Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mens_sana
    • Mar 2006

Roxio Creator 8 & Nero 7 Ultra & Pinnacle Studio 10

& Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum -- Wow.

I just finished a full system recovery, immediately uninstalled Sonic Record Now, then reinstalled Intervideo(incl. with system, but upgraded), Nero 7 Ultra and Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus.

They all appear to be working OK at the moment, but prior to the recovery after installing Roxio Creator 8*, I started getting Stop Order crashes with memory dumped to disc. I uninstalled the Roxio. That ended the random crashes, but it would still crash immediately after using Nero to edit, author, then burn a DVD. It crashed exactly as the burn completed and the drawer opened. So, no Nero log!

Any suggestions? Comments? Soothing solutions for the savage beast?

*Roxio 8 uses Sonic Record Now (I think).
    Q6600 2.4Ghz; ASUS Striker Extreme
    3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
    WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
    Samsung SH-202N & 203N
    XP Pro
    LG L226WT monitor
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

You dont need sonic or roxio if you have Nero 7 I would just leave them off the computer and keep Nero 7.With the new updates I have not had one problem with Nero 7

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

too many cooks in the kitchen, hopefully they aren't trying to load at startup

Comment

• mens_sana
        • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
        You dont need sonic or roxio if you have Nero 7 I would just leave them off the computer and keep Nero 7.With the new updates I have not had one problem with Nero 7
        Yes, I uninstalled the Sonic. But I need to keep Intervideo WinDVD because, while Nero 7 will capture video from my VHS deck, it cannot pick up the audio. Intervideo picks up both. I didn't have Roxio on long enough to check the capture application. (Pinnacle I use only for home movie work. It has a lot of handy stuff built in, plus some special filters you can buy, but it doesn't handle .dvr-ms.)

On the audio, I'm using Creative Audigy Live external, if that makes any difference.
        3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
        WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
        Samsung SH-202N & 203N
        XP Pro
        LG L226WT monitor

Comment

• mens_sana
          • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
          too many cooks in the kitchen, hopefully they aren't trying to load at startup
          I just checked msconfig startup, only Nero loads at startup — and DVD43.
          3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
          Samsung SH-202N & 203N
          XP Pro
          LG L226WT monitor

Comment

Working...