Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aegmorgil
    • Nov 2005

Getting New Laptop: Give me your yays and nays

Never had a laptop before; my cannibalized gorgon of a pc has held up fairly well. Now due to school I may be roaming about a bit and none to close to my ill kempt beast ofa pc. Please let me know of what you all would recommend. I will (of course) be ripping and burning, but other work there will vary greatly, although good gragphics speed and such is a must. Let me know what you think!
  • titanfan1017
    • Dec 2005

If you want...

I will be happy to help you pick the configuration that would best suit your needs. , I want you to know that I am a salesman and do not want you
    to think I am just trying to sell you something
    I wont even tell you who I work for if you don't want me to.
    But I do sell computers.
    Big Daddy Dan
    "Stop thinking politically correct, Start thinking Playstation2, Let's blow some SH%t up!"
    Vin Deisle

Comment

• chickeneater
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2002

check out fatwallet.com for deals on dells.
      FFDShow filters
      Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Aegmorgil
        • Nov 2005

Well, I'd need a decent DVDR+/-RW of course. I'd like to be decently above 100 in gigs on the hd. I should get at least some sort of discount for either dell or hp because of where I work. I like the dell XPS M170, but it seems like their new line that they have no prob chargin out the a** for. I'd like to find another similar that's cheaper and upgrade the snot out of it. I have my home pc, but I may be traveling around a bit while i do my last two years of school, and a laptop would be quite handy. I just want to get something that's not loaded with useless crap and low on the things you actually need, you know? Any suggestions from out there? within dell and hp or even without. (I think that discount's only around 10%)

Comment

• titanfan1017
          • Dec 2005

• If the company you wotk for is more than 3500 employees your discount is 12% but the trick is that we charge you the original price of the computer then put your dicount on it. if you will notice the online price and the phone price is very close usually like $10. I recomend right now the E1705 Dell if you like the M170. The E1705 has the new Dual Core processor and it starts at $999. The M170 starts at $1999. So you can take the 1705 and upgrade the pi*# out of it and have a much better computer. For like the same price. It just doesn't have the lights on the outside which obviously only look good and don't help performance.
          Big Daddy Dan
          "Stop thinking politically correct, Start thinking Playstation2, Let's blow some SH%t up!"
          Vin Deisle

Comment

• Aegmorgil
            • Nov 2005

The exact beast I was looking at. Thanks for the tip about upgrading for cheaper.

Comment

• titanfan1017
              • Dec 2005

no problem. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Big Daddy Dan
              Vin Deisle

Comment

Working...