• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

make rar archiver extract damaged data?

well,i downloaded this video using azarus - torrent,it got till up 99.8%,one MB is missing,the video is split using rar archiver into about 40 parts,five of them missing datapackets...it seems that all the peers have 99.8% until now no seeds apeared,but having 683 out of 684 MB is driving me crazi as it took a few hours to download the video,and there are some nice memories from last summer included,so i was wondering if is it possible to trick winrar and extract the data althought it some parts may be damaged,something like setting dvddecrypter to ignore read errors,and ripping dvd with damaged sectors?
    cro-anthem-video
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

first of all, I give you permission to use my smith & wesson 18" revolver to shoot the person who rar'd that video.

Secondly, if you were hardcore like me, you could always go through each block and re-write it with just a blank (skipped frame) or yeah...
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• futurex
      Outlaw Ridah
      • Mar 2005

dont think theres a way to extract damaged parts of an archive.
      Futurex

Comment

• sonic_emperor
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2003

Originally Posted by chickeneater
        first of all, I give you permission to use my smith & wesson 18" revolver to shoot the person who rar'd that video.
        have you seen bowling for columbine??

Originally Posted by chickeneater
        Secondly, if you were hardcore like me, you could always go through each block and re-write it with just a blank (skipped frame) or yeah...
        explain this
        cro-anthem-video

Comment

Working...