Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shifty
    • May 2006

Pinnacle studio 10 Plus audio in menu's

Ive created a video using the above program and want to add an mp3 audio track to play while the dvd is in the menu section, the issue i have is the length of the menu screen animation is about 8 - 10 seconds far shorter than any mp3. is there a way to get the menu to repeat but play the audio file in full ? im guessing not but thought id check, Thanks
  • SMEG
    • Mar 2006

you can highlight the menu and copy and paste it next to the first one you have put in as many times as you like also try just dragging the menu out on the until it fits to the mp3 size

Comment

• shifty
      • May 2006

Ive tried to drag the menu so it lasts but it wont do it, so ive tried what you said about copying and pasting the menu till it fits the size of the mp3 but when i play the mivie back in the dvd playback mode t still only plays and repeats menu 1 ? have i missed something out ?

Comment

• SMEG
        • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by shifty
        Ive tried to drag the menu so it lasts but it wont do it, so ive tried what you said about copying and pasting the menu till it fits the size of the mp3 but when i play the mivie back in the dvd playback mode t still only plays and repeats menu 1 ? have i missed something out ?
        if you copy and paste ten times then that menu will repeat ten times you could try putting in a titles after menu some thing like starring (an-other) directed by produced by pull your titles out as far as you can maybe you will then be able to sretch to fit the mp3 for it to look decent you may have to put your titles in first then menu last

Comment

• shifty
          • May 2006

Well ive tried the menu option as per image, but they each one will not allow me to stretch it, and in dvd playback it repeats the first menu only ( so you think inserting a title screen at the beginning is only way ? shame though cos no one would look at one for 3 mins lol ! FFwd!!... any more thoughts ?

Comment

• shifty
            • May 2006

quick solution

Well after spending much time messing with it i have found that the menu i chose being an animated one, cant be extended. However, the non animated ones will allow themselves to be stretched out to fit a desired time frame ( sufficient to allow the playing of a full mp3 track), hurray for non animated menu's ... not a complete success; as i was after animated ones as they are better, but there ya go,

Im still open to advice should someone know how to set the animated menu for a full 3 mins....

Shifty
            Last edited by shifty; 17 May 2006, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• SMEG
              • Mar 2006

@ shifty

hello shifty i have pinnacle ten but when i put it on my machine it was total crap it just kept crashing out on me and the preview window failed to preview most of the time and when it did it was all over the place it caused me so many problems i gave up in the end and put pinnacle nine back on my pc i was a bit p****d to be honest coz i wanted 10 for the chroma key and pic in pic how have you got it to work for you without any probs ?

Comment

• shifty
                • May 2006

If only...

how have you got it to work for you without any probs ?
                well i must admit mate it is very temperamental and does suddenly close from time to time and is becoming a pain in the in the @ss, i may follow you along the path of installing 9 and giving that a try,

are there such issues as the menu / audio drama ive had (above) or is this specific to 10 ?

Thanks

Comment

• SMEG
                  • Mar 2006

well i must admit mate it is very temperamental and does suddenly close from time to time and is becoming a pain in the in the @ss, i may follow you along the path of installing 9 and giving that a try,

are there such issues as the menu / audio drama ive had (above) or is this specific to 10 ?

Thanks
                  i dont know mate i got as far as putting about ten mins of video onto it and trying to add some music to my editing which took me about 2 hours to do thats why i gave up it just kept crashing i never had one single problem with pinnacle 9 but i had a wishing well full of problems with ten after i took ten of my pc i did a search on the net for pinnacle ten reviews and it was battered in the reviews am looking to buy ulead video studio 10 at the moment

Comment

• shifty
                    • May 2006

Ive used a ulead program before and that was good, i might look into that instead of pinnacle 9,

Comment

• SMEG
                      • Mar 2006

Ive used a ulead program before and that was good, i might look into that instead of pinnacle 9,
                      if you dont already have pinnacle 9 then i would download a trial version of ulead video studio 10 plus this is the latest software from ulead and you get the picture in picture and chroma key two tools well worth having you can put yourself into the sahara desert pr wherever your imagination takes you with the chroma key feature

Comment

Working...