X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Only thing is the password wand in Opera is much better for sites where you have
    multiple accounts
    Your in luck I liked the wand as well so I did some searching and found a Firefox plugin called Secure Login. I have been using it for a while now and I love it

Another thing it does better than Firefox if you buy lots of stuff online is
    fill out forms.
    IMacros does this

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
      I found a forum plugin for FF I like.It's called Forum Additive it basically works like the subscribed thread here in the forums.The only difference it that you don't have to be here to know that there has been a new post on the thread your interested in you will see a pop up on the bottom right hand corner of your screen to inform you .It will look like this

Looks like a handy add-on BR thanks! I just installed and configured, see how it works today.

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

Your Welcome

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Only one problem, I haven't been away from the forum long enough today for it to work yet. Or, I have a habit of keeping it open in a tab and looking for new posts all the time,lol.
          Last edited by Dan; 15 May 2007, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
            Your in luck I liked the wand as well so I did some searching and found a Firefox plugin called Secure Login. I have been using it for a while now and I love it

IMacros does this
            I think the only thing that keeps me from using Opera 8.5 almost exclusively is I still can't find a good free bookmark sync for it. Other than that it does just about everything I like 'cept maybe spell checking forum posts. Plus the more add-ins you install then you run into upgrade headaches. Like I'm on Vista here so given that we are freed from "DLL Hell" by having the .NET framework, now we only need to run 3 or 4 versions of same. Fortunately HD space is cheap now.

Seems like every browser hits a "bloat point" so I believe I'm still running Netscape 7.2 on another machine. Any version after that just seems too much of something I don't need.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Dan
              Only one problem, I haven't been away from the forum long enough today for it to work yet. Or, I have a habit of keeping it open in a tab and looking for new posts all the time,lol.
              Hmmmmmmmm, for some reason this makes me think of the new style progress bars in Vista. Instead of just filling in from left to right they would keep surging from the beginning giving the illusion that something was happening really quickly so you should sit there and watch it cuz it's gonna' get done pretty damn soon!!!! I had to turn that off before I went crazy watching DVDs burn!! I knew damn well they were going to take 6 minutes but I kept watching that stupid progress bar!!! Arrgghh!!

Comment

• Dan
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Dec 2005

I had to turn that off before I went crazy watching DVDs burn!! I knew damn well they were going to take 6 minutes but I kept watching that stupid progress bar!!! Arrgghh!!
                LOL, like the countdown for a space shuttle launch.

I have a habit of watching the progress of a download at the bottom of my browser so I can open it right away and get it installed.
                Last edited by Dan; 19 May 2007, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Dan
                  LOL, like the countdown for a space shuttle launch.

I have a habit of watching the progress of a download at the bottom of my browser so I can open it right away and get it installed.

Heh. I just started using Flashgot(I lied... I use Firefox
                  quite a bit) and Free Download Manager. Still getting used to
                  the target pad and weird dialogs popping up etc.. when I
                  download. Seems to work pretty well though. I tried using
                  FlashGet instead of FDM and I kept downloading php links instead
                  of the stuff they fetch. So I went back to FDM. Time was I'd
                  spend hours cuz I just had to know why stuff happened. Now if
                  it don't work, off and install sumpthin' that does!!! No
                  patience anymore.
                  Last edited by MilesAhead; 19 May 2007, 10:54 AM. Reason: formatting

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

I just use Download Stausbar, it suits my needs.

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

A friend just put me on to this today, I haven't got to deep in to it but so far I like it. System Info for Windows.

Comment

• uufta
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Dec 2005

Thanks Soup I got it, now to see if I am smart enough to figure out what I am seeing.

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

You are welcome. When you do, let me know & then we will both be smart.

Comment

• BR7
                            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by kingdomathand
                            Hey guys!! how have you been doing?

A question a little off topic sorry!! Does anyone knows how to use flashget ?

thanks in advance
                            I used to use it,I found it to be a big POS.I got a lot of corrupt files because of that thing,not so much the smaller files it seemed to do it mostly with the big ones. But any way flasget seems to work best if you download flashgot for firefox

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
                              I used to use it,I found it to be a big POS.I got a lot of corrupt files because of that thing,not so much the smaller files it seemed to do it mostly with the big ones. But any way flasget seems to work best if you download flashgot for firefox
                              I've been having pretty good luck using Flashgot Firefox Addon with Free Download Manager. Only thing I can't figure out is on one machine when the Flashgot bullet is selected and I hit OK it downloads using FDM but on the other machine no matter how I set the options FDM pops up a dialog and I have to click OK again. Either there's something I'm not seeing or FDM acts differently on XP than Vista.

Comment

• Gary D
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

I used flashget with flashgot in FF.

I turfed both because of the broken files.

I now use Rapget and have no problems at all.
                                Gary D

Comment

Working...