X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I use to run a fractal program on a 286 computer, I do not remember which one it was. Sometimes it would take over a week or more, to get the finished product.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by paglamon
      I will be honoured, friend.

Absolutely. And it is addictive too. Kabuchan was really the first to inspire me into this.She is very good with fractals.
      Hi guys,

I don't get it with this Fractal business ... so what is the deal!?!? I don't get it !!! So what is the whole point of it ... just make some colorful and weird pictures or what!?!?

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
        Hi guys,

I don't get it with this Fractal business ... so what is the deal!?!? I don't get it !!! So what is the whole point of it ... just make some colorful and weird pictures or what!?!?

G!
        I guess it's like a Rorschach test. You see what you want. Or, if you say what you see people look at you funny, say "hmmmmmmmm" and write stuff on a clipboard.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

It's something to do to test all the memory and cores on your computer while at the same time buying time until your next soul mate comes along. It's just art Master gonwk. Abstract art. Nice to paste on your desktop. I have something more appealing to the eyes though. Just a lil tad over the rules. Lol...
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi Miles & dr_ml,

Thanks for the feedback.

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
              Nice fractals Miles.
              After I looked through the stuff I uploaded and some of my wallpapers it blows my mind how many times I got either the mouse pointer or the Slickrun window(which stays on top) in the image!!! Fortunately the one I like the most is complex enough that I could Photofiltre a little copy paste action to cover it up. At least for the desktop wallpaper you probably won't notice unless I point at the spots. Guess I need a screen capture that turns off the mouse pointer while it's grabbing.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

I uploaded a couple more wallpapers. I broke 'em out into a separate page to speed up the page loading for dial-up. Feel free to use 'em if you like 'em.

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• Abuilder
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2006

Thanks, Miles
                  I was a little surprised to see the downloads zipped up. Graphic images don’t compress very good, if at all which is the case with your images. I downloaded (with dialup ) Largeswirls.zip and the jpg image inside was the same size as the zip file. I found that the jpg had a very large file size for being a jpg. Normally only bitmaps (*.bmp) get that large for an image that is only 1280 x 1024 X 16, like your pics are.
                  I pulled your largeswirls.jpg into paint shop pro and made no changes to it but saved it using 15% jpg compression and the file size was reduced from 1732K down to 634K with no loss in quality. Just to make sure I pulled both images into paint shop side by side and did a 5X zoom on both. At 5X zoom they were both at the pixel level and made it very easy to see that there was no loss at all.
                  You could save a whole bunch of web space by compressing those images and just skip the zip.
                  They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Thanks for the pointer on LargeSwirls. I didn't realize it grew so large. I had to touch it up to cover over the damn mouse pointer I caught in the capture. No more PrintScreen for me. I reduced it to @600 something KB.

I don't like to put links to images other than thumbnails since it's too susceptible to being pasted into a board and downloaded with every page view, or just some bot sucking up images around the net. I don't see that the raw image saves me any space. I only upload the thumbnail and the zip. The LargeSwirls thumbnail is only 16 KB. The full sized is reduced by more than that via the zip.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                      The result is a little Apps>> toolbar on the Taskbar.
                      I found another way to skin the cat with this same folder of folders with shortcuts. They tell you in Windows help you can make your own toolbar by creating a folder on the desktop and dragging it to the edge of the screen and releasing. If there are no other toolbars along that edge of the screen the new toolbar will size itself the entire length of the screen. If the Taskbar intersects and is set to stay on top, it will size itself to take all that edge until it's adjacent to the Taskbar. What I found from messing around with it is, if you just keep pestering the edge of the toolbar you made with the mouse and drag the mouse whenever you see the sizing arrows, eventually you can size the toolbar window so that you can get at the corner cleanly. Once the Toolbar has a normal window frame, then you can size it like any other window.

Instead of having to track the mouse up the folders menu style, with this Toolbar I can click once to open a folder of shorcuts. Of course you can add individual shortcuts too.

Here's a screen shot of the result.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

home made toolbar

I also found out that if you click View Small Icons you can tighten up the toolbar some. It seems to allocate space for text for each icon to match that of the longest name. To shorten it up even more rename the folders to short single words.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MilesAhead
                          Eclectician
                          • Nov 2006

I updated my XMon Folder Monitor
                          utility. In the previous design I tried to catch every folder as it opened. This had the effect of flushing out the MRU list, since there's only 10 entries. Many of the entries would just be in the same folder chain created as you click down into the folders.

The new design employs a weighting scheme so that a folder is not reported unless it is active for some time. Hopefully this makes the utility more useful.

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Hey Miles,

Cool Relaxing Green background color on your desktop ... I like it.

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

Hey Miles,

G!
                              Put that Dragon Princess from Vallejo on your desktop and you'll be relaxing luvly.
                              SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

Hey Miles,

G!
                                Thanks. Lately I've been changing a lot with fraqtive. When I get bored I try to come up with another wallpaper.

Latest is this one
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...