Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaronlrice
    • Jul 2006

DVD Not being found

When I put a DVD in the DVD drive and click on Open Disk, the Select DVD Drive box comes up but shows there is no disk in my DVD drive. Why aren't any of my DVDs not being recongnized when I put them in the DVD Drive????
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, aaronlrice!

Are you running Windows XP?

Did it work before? Can you see the DVD in windows explorer?

Comment

• aaronlrice
      • Jul 2006

I'm Running XP, i just downloaded the program so I've never tried it before, and no, I can't see it in Explorer or when I open My Computer/D:

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Try to reinstall the DVD reader/burner.

I'll move this thread to the general computing department. You will get better support there.

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

If you just DL the program, have you tried shutting down the computer and the turning it back on?

Comment

• Steve83
            Bronco Guru
            • May 2006

I just reinstalled W2KPSP4 (for the umpteenth time) and I figured I'd also load up TweakUI & the mini-suite that goes with it. BIG mistake! I'm still trying to uninstall some of the other applets. One of them caused that same behavior on my system.

My point is: check what OTHER programs/processes are running that might be interfering with the system recognizing or refreshing the dismountable library. I've found that DVDShrink & Nero can sometimes interfere.
            Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

Working...