Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

this could be related to the bad cable/connection?

has the pro computer been reloaded recently(maybe corrupt)?

open the damn printer and tell windows to share it
    and manually tell it to share something

I would have seperate named logins and name the computers something different

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Your not alone LT on the printer sharing. I just had to redo the wizard from the main PC because it's new Our daughter's PC wasn't getting access. One of the things asked was allowing printer sharing, I left the box checked as yes, guess what it doesn't, she can't print but she does have access to the shared documents we have allowed as long as the Net Defense Firewall is disabled. Just thought you should know. BTW I say to he11 with it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

this could be related to the bad cable/connection?
        doubt, why will it work one way?

has the pro computer been reloaded recently(maybe corrupt)?
        no, i didn't load it, it was already on the pc.

i tried manual sharing i think, i forget what happened there. maybe you can explain what this means. i'm starting to like soups last idea.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

go to the home computer, open printer, right click sharing?

create a folder and same story

i'm starting to like soups last idea.
          long ago and far away

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

ty very much chewy for your time with this and others who posted advice. i've decided to drop this for now at least. i stayed up late last night and spent way too much time on this already for a printer i'll use up here maybe 1 or 2 times in a month. i've tried every area on the pc's where one can adjust settings and just don't have the experience with networking. somethings i'm scared to change for fear of making a new problem. if that happened there would be a homicide here. i can just go downstairs to print untill i buy another printer for up here. would have been nice. would have been nice to have file sharing too. i feel like putting my fist right through this bloody machine.

ty again.
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 28 Jul 2006, 10:45 AM.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Please tell me if I am out in left field on this one. The way I did it is go through the wizard & the last thing you do is create a floppy. I ran that on our daughters machine, that gives her access to shared docs on our PC. We never needed access to hers but I think if it is to be 2-way don't you go through the wizard in the other PC, create another floppy & run that in the main PC??? This is from memory & I only did it once so that's why I am asking. I don't know if this will even help here because you guys probably already thought about it.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

He didn't want to do that?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i've done that. it makes no difference anyway if you run the disk or windows' own wizard. both pro and home have it. that's meant for non xp OS pc's. i learned that much from all this bullsh** at least.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• jm1647
                    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                    • Apr 2005

I have 3 PC's networked, all hard wired, sharing files and a laser printer. I did not have to make a floppy either. 2 boxes have XP Pro and a laptop has XP home. No problems with a linksys router.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

i don't think this has to do with the router though. somethin ain't right somewhere. someone who has windows networking experience could fix this, but they'd have to be here or get on the blower at least. this is a devil network.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

at least something works, i have partial file sharing working. i can access stuff at the downstairs pc that's from the upstairs one. this much works good at least, good thing it's not the other way around or i'd have nothing since i can't open "A" from up here. to me this is a happy medium. i just copy and paste a word doc say, in my shared document folder, go downstairs, open it from pc B, print. not bad. i wanted a lamborghini, instead i got another peugot.

thanx again fellas.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...