Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishman1
    • Jan 2006

location of Norton virus definion file?

I have been using Norton anti-virus for a while now. About every 6 months or so, I end up having to reformat my HDD and re-install Windows. This, inevitably, includes reinstalling Norton anti-virus. Each time I do this, I have to download the most recent virus definition. Unfortunately, and because my copy of Norton's is so old, downloading the virus definition file always ends up being about 20 MB.

My question is, is there any way to just download this once, and then be able to save the virus definition so I can use it later? Is it a single file, or it it a collection of files?

and, yes....sadly, I am still on dialup.
  • codajohn
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

What was the sequence of events that created the crash? Be specific.
    CJ
    My DVD Collection
    Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

You can download and save the virus defintition updates from here. Save the update, then run it.

Comment

Working...