Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abcmonkey
    • Jul 2006

Installed program cleanup

I have windows intsall cleanup but I download a program and it cant find it.

The program is like a free movie viewer but its all in french and I think it is malicious because it keeps putting shortcuts on my desktop, favorites, and my documents folder. How do I find all the components of it with just the shortcut. I went to properties,found the target and deleted it, but it just keeps coming back and everytime it does it freezes my comp.

Please help me to get rid of this nasty program.. Thanks.
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I would get a good registry cleaner to clean out your hard drive and registry and add these four software programs to clean-up the rest of your computer.

Ad-Aware SE
    AVG antivirus
    CCleaner
    Hijack This

In the mean time, you could go back to a good know restore point to restore your computer to when it was working correctly. Or if you have a good hard drive software program like Acronis use it to restore your drive.

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

I would try a system restore to a time when your computer was working good, like ed klein says.
      Then/or try a good AV program, Ewido is a very good one to try online:
      Do the free scan, its very easy.

Download free antivirus and malware protection. Tune up your PC, Mac, & Android. Encrypt your connection and browse anonymously with a VPN.

Another free scanning tool by Microsoft can be done online:

Last edited by uufta; 27 Aug 2006, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• abcmonkey
        • Jul 2006

Thanks for the advice I will give all that stuff a try and let you know if anything happens. Thx

Comment

Working...