Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wussy
    • Sep 2006

Problem with formating

Has anyone run into this. I could use all the help I could get. I started having problems with slowness with my computer so I took it in and they told me I had a virus. I restored the computer and put in norton security and websweeper. Then I reinstalled dvdshrink and nero. I am now having a problem with my burned discs playing on my dvd player. It doesn't recognize my dvd+R and either says incompatable or no disc. on all my dvd +rw discs it says it is not formatted. I have used different brands but to no avail. I did not seem to have this problem before the restore so I got to figure i messed something in the restore. The dvd player is new. I have used a dvd burner in my computer and also an external one to see if it was my burner but ran into the same problem on both. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • JimS
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

Clean it up - clean it up

Windoz is notorious at collecting junk and having poor security.
    That is why I'm slowly switching to Linux.
    So lets 's clean up your pc.
    1. Download Ccleaner from ccleaner.org and run it. It is a very good HD cleaner.
    2. Find a good registry cleaner/defrager and use it. Ccleaner's reg. cleaner
    is elementary level at best, so it best to find a better one.
    3. Clean the startup items group. Goto sysinfo.org/startuplist/php.
    Sysinfo is a very good list of startup items with info and advise about startup items.
    Also goto START > Run > Startup tap. Use the sysinfo list as advise on what
    to do with items in your startup group.
    4. Update all your malware programs and run them.
    Don't you just love it - all these extra programs required to keep Windoz running,
    because MS can't do it itself and won't help us.
    5. Uninstall any programs your no longer use. Run Ccleaner again.
    6. Defrag.
    etc.
    etc.

Comment

• wussy
      • Sep 2006

All this makes me want to buy an apple! Thanks for your help!

Comment

• JimS
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Why spend money on a MAC. They are good, but they aren't cheap.

I am gradually changing from MS to Linux. Currently I am experimenting with
        Ubuntu Linux and I haven't spent a cent. I have 2 pcs which 'dual boot' MS and Linux.
        One is a notebook w/ wifi that works just fine in Linux. As soon as I install
        a DVD burner on my 6 year old Dell desktop, I'll be ripping and burning in Linux.
        The old Dell boots almost twice as fast my 2 year old Compaq w/ XP.

Oh - did I say that all this Linux conversion has been freeeeee.

Comment

Working...