X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abuilder
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

SpinRite sure has come a long way since my first version that I fixed many, buggy MFM hard drives with. Gawd those things were boat anchors. LOL
    Seeing this is the free software thread I thought I might post a link to some of Steve Gibson’s free utils that I have found to be useful.
    They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

That is when I first started using his software.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - Extra Video Effect Editor

December 13, 2008Extra Video Effect Editor can rotate your video as well as add other video effects: Blur, Brightness, Frade Aging, Filter, Mirror, Horizontal and Grayscale, Pixelate, Color Balance and Vertical. From now on you can create video in any way you like.
        Key Features:

1. Video effects: Blur, Brightness, Frade Aging, Filter, Mirror, Horizontal and Grayscale, Pixelate, Color Balance, Mirror, Vertical, Rotate 90, Rotate 180 or Rotate 270
        2. Format conversion functions: Input formats are supported: mov, MP4, 3GP, mpg, avi, wmv, asf, JPEG, Bitmap, Gif; Output formats are supported: mpg, avi, wmv, mov
        3. Simple and easy to use: Just input your original video, select the effect what you want to add.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Wondershare Movie Story 4.5.0

Hi guys,

Don't miss out on this one ... looks like a nice toy to have around. I have not tried it but it might be easier than Windows Movie Maker.

Wondershare Movie Story
          The best home movie making software and video dvd slideshow maker.
          Posted: 18 Dec 2008 02:00 AM CST

G!
          Last edited by gonwk; 23 Dec 2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Computer application for retouching and repairing photos, artwork and other types of digital images
            Posted: 22 Dec 2008 02:00 AM CST
            Image Mender - the program allows you to remove any lines or blemishes on your images and it also helps you to remove larger marks, logos or any other undesirable elements. Image Mender is easy to use.
            The clear and user-friendly interface of the program enables you to work. You just need to highlight the part of the image you would like to correct, and then Image Mender will do the rest. After editing, you can save it in the desired format.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
              Computer application for retouching and repairing photos, artwork and other types of digital images
              Posted: 22 Dec 2008 02:00 AM CST
              Image Mender - the program allows you to remove any lines or blemishes on your images and it also helps you to remove larger marks, logos or any other undesirable elements. Image Mender is easy to use.
              The clear and user-friendly interface of the program enables you to work. You just need to highlight the part of the image you would like to correct, and then Image Mender will do the rest. After editing, you can save it in the desired format.
              Tried it out, doesn't work properly.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by soup
                Tried it out, doesn't work properly.
                Hi Soup,

Did it Register OK for you!?!?

G!

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

Hi Soup,

Did it Register OK for you!?!?

G!
                  Yes it did, the program itself just doesn't work.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Jan 13, 2009 GAOTD: PDFZilla

Hi folks,

Does anyone KNOW if the "PDFZilla" ... today's (Jan 13, 2009) GiveAway software is Virus Free and does not have anything Funny in it.

The Author is a Chinese Company ... so I am a little bit leery about those outfits.

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Hi folks,

Does anyone KNOW if the "PDFZilla" ... today's (Jan 13, 2009) GiveAway software is Virus Free and does not have anything Funny in it.

The Author is a Chinese Company ... so I am a little bit leery about those outfits.

Thanks,

G!
                      I'm not familiar with it. I think you can get a few freewares that install as printer drivers and when you "print" the .pdf file it converts to another format and saves the file to the HD. I did a quick search and didn't hit anything good but I know they're out there. Just have to hunt 'em down.

Comment

• gonwk
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

Thanks man ... I was wondering if this Particular "GiveAway of the Day" was SAFE!?!?

Well, I really don't need anything like this ... but I am a software junkie and like to play around with Stuff!

Thanks again,

G!

Comment

• ger@co
                          Shrinkslinger, movie only
                          • Feb 2004

@gonwk

I haven't been there for awhile, but I believe that "GiveAway" proclaims that their files are adware/spyware free. So they probably check, and if there was any type of virus they'd run into it. So you can feel relatively safe that the files are okay.

Later.
                          ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by ger@co
                            @gonwk

I haven't been there for awhile, but I believe that "GiveAway" proclaims that their files are adware/spyware free. So they probably check, and if there was any type of virus they'd run into it. So you can feel relatively safe that the files are okay.

Later.
                            Hi geraco,

Thanks ... that makes sense!

Geraco ... btw, I don't mean to butcher your Handle ... but when I use the "at" sign it thinks it is an adddress or soemthing!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

@gonwk you say you like to get little gizmos and freeware hacks? I found this site:

A site for software connoisseurs - featuring the best freeware, donationware, software reviews, and discussions.

all kinds of cool gizmos, program launchers, hotkey programs.. plus they have a forum where you can request a small utility and if nothing seems to be around that does what you want, and it's not too involved to program, they may code it up for you.

It's a really cool site.

btw if you like to use Windows search to find a program or file to open there's a cool freeware on that site called Find And Run Robot or FARR. You hit the Break key and a command line pops up. Type a few letters and the results pop up. Better than Search because it shows the Icons along with the name of the file or program. Plus you can do zillions of customizations to it and it takes 3rd party plugins. I was skeptical reading the description because I've used Slickrun for so long but this utility is wicked fast.
                              Last edited by MilesAhead; 24 Jan 2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Abuilder
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Oct 2006

Miles
                                Lot of real neat stuff on donationcoder. Too Much!
                                I hope we don’t lose you to their forum.
                                They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

Working...