• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Wow Double Feature and from Paragon

Giveaway of the Day - Disk Wiper 8.5 Special Edition (English Version)

Paragon Disk Wiper Your sensitive data is too easily recovered if you rely on the standard delete function or formatting your hard disk. Make sure that no-one can recover your data you thought was deleted! Erase your data held on your hard disk securely with Paragon Disk Wiper Personal.
    Paragon Disk Wiper can completely erase a whole hard disk, a separate partition or just clean free space.

Giveaway of the Day - Paragon NTFS for Mac 6.5 (English Version)

Paragon NTFS for MACNTFS for Mac OS X provides a unique complete solution and creates an effective communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows. You can browse contents, read and modify files, copy and create new files and folders on both file systems with your Mac OS X. Break down the barriers between Windows and Mac OS!

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 Professional (English Version)

Partition Manager 9.5 With growing hard drive capacity, the need to reasonably split up the space is more important than ever. Paragon Software’s easy-to-use partitioning tool is optimal for re-structuring your hard disk for effective data storage.

Improve your PC’s performance on-demand without having to re-install your operating system and software applications.

Every day we present FREE licensed software published by developers from all over the world.

Comment

• ukreplica
        • Aug 2009

thanks for providing such a nice site

Comment

• HenrySoren
          • Aug 2009

How does this work – do I have to fill out some forms and give away data to get the software?

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

You just click on the link & if you happen to like that days giveaway, you follow the instructions to download & install it. Nothing to fill out.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

To add to what Soup said, I've done a few of the Paragon giveaways and they will accept a hotmail address to get the registration info. You don't need to give out your ISP email if you don't want to.
              Last edited by MilesAhead; 25 Aug 2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: so so about using "so" so much

Comment

• ger@co
                Shrinkslinger, movie only
                • Feb 2004

@ MilesAhead

Miles, what do you think of the current Giveaway? "Registry Defragmentation 9.1"

Do you advise using such a program?
                ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2006

It is a nice idea, but if it fails. The OS could be toast, where you might not be able to recover from. I personally would not use it.
                  Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

I haven't experimented with a lot of registry defraggers. The only one I use is NTREGOPT. It's by the same programmer as ERUNT and it's free. I think Registry is one of those things where you don't get that much by "optimizing" it, but risk a lot by messing with it. I'm more interested in backing it up than pruning or cleaning or defragging it.

Anything like that I would certainly recommend having image backups where the restore mechanism has been tested on the particular PC(as in, you did a restore from the recovery boot CD and it worked without a glitch.)

If you know you can recover then you can take a bit of a chance here and there.

As for the particular utility I haven't used it. Experience is usually superior to theory so I'll bow to someone who has actually used it repeatedly.
                    Last edited by MilesAhead; 26 Aug 2009, 02:37 PM. Reason: elaborations

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

I put this here since it's free. For those of you who haven't received the results you've wanted w/Paragon's stuff I strongly recommend this Acronis True Image WD software. It will do all you really need for cloning, imaging etc... This is also a tip btw.

Don't worry it'll work w/other manufacturers drives as well just in case you wondered.
                      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• cricejun
                        • Sep 2009

good article

Comment

• src2206
                          • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                          I put this here since it's free. For those of you who haven't received the results you've wanted w/Paragon's stuff I strongly recommend this Acronis True Image WD software. It will do all you really need for cloning, imaging etc... This is also a tip btw.

Don't worry it'll work w/other manufacturers drives as well just in case you wondered.
                          And here is the same for and from Seagate for Seagate and Maxtor drives...made by Acronis, exactly same interface and size
                          http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...oid=d9fd4aNero Serial Removed0aRCRD

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Mar 2006

Giveaway of the Day - MPEG Video Wizard DVD

September 16, 2009MPEG Video Wizard DVD is your all-in-one MPEG solution!

Convert it. Edit it. Create it. Burn it.

The Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD is the latest MPEG editor with DVD authoring and full AC-3 encoder support.

* Convert your favorite movies for your iPod and PSP.
                            * Edit your MPEG movies with minimal video re-encoding.
                            * Build your own DVD library with professional like menus.
                            * Burn your own DVD to share precious memories with friends.

Is this related to Womble here at DVF?

Comment

• blutach
                              Not a god of digital video
                              • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by burrell84601
                              Is this related to Womble here at DVF?
                              Yes - see admin's posts.

Regards
                              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Mar 2006

Oops. How did I miss those.

Thanks Blu.

Comment

Working...